Saturday, November 24, 2012

Liebster Blog

Is it awful that I'm dreading going back to work on Monday?  I love what I do - and I LOVE my students {even the difficult ones}, but when the break is over administration will be doing informal evaluations with the support staff {training purposes for the support staff} which means I will have roughly 6 people watching my every move.  I know I'm a good teacher, but having 6 pairs of eyes watching my every move is a bit intimidating!  

Rant over.

On a much lighter note, Kelly from Thirsy Firsties {go check out her blog!} nominated me for the Leibster Award!


The Leibster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs.

The rules:
*You must post 11 random things about yourself.
*Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
*Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
*Choose 11 blogs you love {with less than 200 followrs} and link them in your post.
*No tag back {but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Leibster post so I can learn more about you!}

******************
    
So here it goes!
    
11 random things about me:
1} I have a passion for animals - especially dogs.
2} I have an older brother - we were born 2 years and 1 day apart!
3} My boyfriend's name is Tim.  We have been dating for 4 months.
4} I want to have 4 children.
5} Regular cola is my cryptonite.
6} If/when I do get married, my wedding dress will be pink.
7} I love post-its!
8} If I had an endless amount of money, I would open no-kill shelters EVERYWHERE.
9} I love my job.
10} I used to be a World of Warcraft addict.
11} I dislike how many times I have used the word "I".

******************

Questions from Kelly, along with my answers:

1} What's your favorite thing about blogging?
Sharing experiences and resources from the classroom has got to be the most rewarding!
2} What's your favorite blog?
The Learning Tree - I work with Kimberly.  She inspires me more than she could ever know.  She's made me a better teacher, and she's the reason I'm blogging!
3} How long have you been teaching?
I am currently in my third year teaching.
4} What is your favorite vacation spot?
My entire family goes to Englewood, Florida every year.  It's tradition - and I love it.
5} What is your favorite thing to cook?
Anything that comes in a box with directions!
6} What is your favorite store?
The Dollar Tree by far!  They always have something I can use!
7} What was been your best TPT purchase?
Hmm..this is a hard one.  I guess it would be Deanna Jump's guided reading packet.
8} Coke or Pepsi?
When given a choice I'd choose coke - but they really do taste the same to me.
9} What's your favorite Christmas movie?
My favorite Christmas movie is Home Alone.
10} What's your favorite TV show?
Glee! {Yes, I'm a gleek.  Proud of it!!}
11} What's been the hardest thing about blogging?
Gaining followers has been the hardest....and finding time to check out other blogs to network.  I'm busier than I'd like to be! 

******************

Questions for the blogs I am nominating:

1} If your life had a theme song, what would it be?
2} Why did you choose to become a teacher?
3} Why did you start blogging?
4} What has been the best thing to happen in your years as a teacher?
5} Skittles or M&M's?
6} What was the last book you read for you?
7} Apple or Android?
8} If you could create a new species, what would it be?
9} Acrylic nails or au naturale?
10} What food makes your mouth water just by saying it's name?
11} What are your plans for the holidays?

******************

Blogs I am nominating:












******************

Thanks to everyone who read this post!  Those who I nominated - please remember to comment to this post when you have responded {if you choose to - and I hope you do!}.  I look forward to reading your responses!!
 

8 comments:

  1. Congrats :) I had no idea your wedding dress would be PINK?!? A friend of mine from highschool also did a pink dress. Thanks for the shout out, friend! You're too sweet!

    Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! I am so flattered!!

    http://realistic-teacher.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-blog-part-ii.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved our post! Now I am going to head over to The Learning Tree to check out Kimberly's blog : )

    Kelly
    Thirsty Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the nomination! I am honored :) I had a lot of fun with this post!

    http://thewildthingslearn.blogspot.com/2012/11/surprise-ive-been-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the nomination! :) I think this award is a great way to get to know everyone in the blog world! Thanks for including me, I had fun with your questions!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the nomination! Here is my post! :)

    http://t11w.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the nomination! I love learning about everybody. So fun! I laughed about #5. Sounds like we are on the same speed in the kitchen. :)
    http://beachlovinteach.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete